Carlo Mammola is Chief Executive Officer at Fondo Italiano d’Investimento SGR S.p.A., since 21st July 2016.
- Professor of “Innovation and Technology Management” at Bocconi University in Milan since 2007. From 1995 to 2007, Professor of “Economics and Business Management” at Bocconi University and from 1988 to 1995 MBA Professor of “Managerial Economics” at SDA Bocconi School Management;
- Founder and Managing Partner of Argan Capital, a leading independent private equity fund based in London, created as a spin-off of Bank of America Capital Partners Europe, focused on acquiring European mid-market companies. Argan Capital completed investments in 5 European countries: Italy, France, Sweden, Finland and Poland (since 2006);
- Founder, Sponsor and CEO of Italy1 Investment S.A., the first “S.P.A.C.”, Special Purpose Acquisition Company, listed on the Italian Stock Exchange (Borsa Italiana S.p.A.) (2010-2012);
- Managing Director and Partner at Bank of America Capital Partners Europe, a private equity fund based in London (2000-2006);
- Managing Director and Partner at PAI (Paribas Affaires Industrielles), a private equity fund based in Paris (1997-2000);
- Member of the Executive Committee of Paribas Italia, the Italian branch of the Paribas Group (1997-2000);
- Managing Director at Sopaf S.p.A., an Italian merchant bank listed on the Italian Stock Exchange (1990-1997);
- Different management positions within the Olivetti Group (1984-1990): Associate of the Strategic Planning and Operational Planning, Operational Planning Manager at Olivetti Italia, General Manager of a commercial subsidiary;
- Member of the Board of Directors of the European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EVCA), Deputy-Chairman of the European Mid-Market Platform Council (2010-2013) and member of the Board of Directors of AIFI (Associazione Italiana del Private Equity e Venture Capital) (2003-2009).
Carlo Mammola graduated with honors in Engineering from the Polytechnic of Turin and achieved an MBA with honors at SDA Bocconi Management School. He got the post-graduate specialization in Decision Analysis at Intelligent Decision Systems in Palo Alto, California.
He’s Professor of “Innovation and Technology Management” at Bocconi University in Milan since 2007.